Saturday 12 November 2011

MY DIY TA DAA!!

I said I would show a photo of the DIY clip it up and the spectrum noir pen storage I made and here they are.  The clip it up works very well I have to say. Ok, it isn't the prettiest thing in the world but meh.........I don't care!
Below is the marker storage. I think I said before it's not my idea but I can't remember where I saw it? It was probably here http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/ on the crafty storage blog. Some of the craft areas on there are bigger and nicer than my house!!!
I digress, this was really easy to make, it is made from foam board. I just stacked the pens up and measured how deep and wide I wanted the shelf spaces to be. I used a dab of glue in the construction but I don't think it's necessary and wouldn't do that again. It is all held together with dressmakers pins and it is surprising solid. Can you see the little supports underneath?
They are a bit wonkey I know, but they work. I cut them on a very slight angle so the  whole thing tilts back a little to keep the pens in. Again I don't think I needed to do this as the pens are square but I didn't want to regret not doing later if you get my drift?? I put a few pink Copics at the bottom to test round pens and they stay in just fine. I am going to make another one just for my Copic markers and for my ink distress ink pads. Just to let you know you do need a lot of pins though
Sorry about my drab back garden, not very pretty at the moment is it?

Big kisses


1 comment:

Sasha said...

Such clever ideas, Katie, making your own storage. They look brilliant to me:)