Saturday 19 February 2011

Ta daa!

Here it is then, the completed clip it up. Not quite as easy to make as I thought but not too bad. It isn't pretty but I think it will be functional. I really need to create some more space and that means getting rid of the plastic storage boxes that house my stamps.

The first problem I encountered was the size of the hole in the lampshade. It was bigger than a 10p piece, much too big for the rod so I cut a piece of MDF, drilled a hole through the centre that was big enough to allow it to spin around the rod but not so big it would fall straight down and glued it to the centre of the shade carcass. You can just see it in the photo below?
There are washers and nuts above and below the shade carcasses to keep it in place.
Now, all I have to do is un-mount all my wooden stamps! I do have some cling stamps to hang on there to see if it will actually work so I will do that tomorrow and let you know how it goes!!
I apologise for the less than professional photographs LOL. You can see my tea mug, my poinsettia and my dogs bed in the photo.....oops sorry! Going off track now but I am so surprised the plant is still living. I bought it the week before Christmas from Sainsburys and I so don't have green fingers!!!

That's it for now
Big kisses

1 comment:

Marlou McAlees said...

gosh Katie, you are very organized :) this is fab idea!!! I got my hearts folder with the love language combo set from cuttlebug, I love it :) xx