Saturday 5 February 2011

Disaster Strikes!!

Today I was planning to have a go at making a home made version of a 'clip it up'.  I have seen these on you tube so I thought I'd have a go. When I say I, of course I mean that my DH would do the making.  I see my role as more supervisory LOL!!
Anyhoo, the weather had other ideas. It is so windy here at present, it is quite scary at times and it just isn't letting up at all.
I do my crafting in a shed in my garden. It is not one of those super duper garden sheds by the way, it is just a 12 x 8 bog standard shed. So, last night it was blowing a gale and the felt was ripped off the roof of my shed. It was raining pretty hard, really windy and I thought all my stash would get ruined or worse still, the whole shed be blown away.  I was really worried  but couldn't do anything about it.  It was hard work to put the shed up, get it all insulated, work top up, shelving, carpet and I really thought I was going to lose it all!
Luckily, when I looked first thing this morning it hadn't gotten any worse. It stopped raining long enough this morning for DH and I took go outside, salvage some of the roofing felt and put it back on.  It is a bit patchwork but hopefully it will do until we get some quieter weather to do the job properly. Using a ladder in gale force winds..... not really to be recommended but shed and stash saved for now.
So no clip it up today but here's a photo of the stuff I bought to make it. There are also some locking nuts to put it all together but I forgot to put them in the photo!


The threaded rod and locking nuts are from B&Q and cost under £10. The lamp shades are from The Range £6 each, the base is a lazy Susan again from The Range £6 and I am going to use door knobs for 'bun' feet, £3 for a pack of 6 from, you guessed it, The Range. 
So that's just over £30 for a two tier clip it up.  I will get the clips to hang things from at Ikea. They are quite cheap apparently. To buy a 2 tiered clip it up would cost £87.90 from Storage 4 Crafts! If this works it will be a bargain, watch this space, I'll let you know how I get on.


See you next time kids


Big kisses

No comments: